Our sequential narrative project is almost over and sadly, it will soon be time for essays (due on the 3rd of Jan!) I've found this project to be a pretty big morale boost- everyone seems to enjoy my story and feel its something that you could easily see as a book. My tutors also suggested I try and make a complete dummy book with at least four pieces of finished artwork so I can submit it for the Macmillan's book prize next year- how exciting! I certainly feel I've learnt a lot more about narrative and picture books compared to some of my previous book attempts- this one feels a lot more promising!
Though storyboarding the sequence and drawing the character has been fun, making the actual artwork has been a little more difficult- I've been trying to change the way I draw every so slightly. Drawing in pencils and using colour markers is definitely a lot more time efficient than using fine liners and black pens- I wonder if its the right way to progress.
For today, I'll show off two rough images I made of my main character, the second image was made in the letter press (Ania, a Canadian girl in my class helped me make it)