Saturday 17 September 2011

A6 pads

I'm looking forward to my portfollio interview next thursday, I've been trying to get a few more drawings done before then:

Still drawing on napkins and I've got quite a large collection of them which I'm currently keeping in a  amazon cardboard box (hopefully I'll find something better to put it in soon.) I wrote Der Struwwelpeter because the drawing reminded me of the book of the same name. Don't know why.
I'm coming to the end of my 50 page A6 sketchpad I've had since the start of the year. I've been working on  and  off making up stuff like this since back in Jaunary. Its getting a bit difficult to draw in the last page because its starting to fall apart (I've been keeping it in my pocket.)

Another page from my pad... some sort of dragon guy? I don't know.  Feels like I was forcing myself to make drawings which probably isn't the best way, so I did stop drawing for a bit after I made this one.
Did try making a few colour versions of some  of my older drawings. I'm not really feeling this one though.  Maybe its just the paper type I'm using but I'm not really very satisfied with some of the colour drawings I've tried making in my pads. I've been trying to think what exactly I should be calling this recurring characters, its one of the regulars I seemed to keep re-drawing over and over (its fun making different poses for him.) and it has been called 'Jumping Jack' for now. I suppose theres been Samurai Jack and Jack & the Beanstalk, but Jumping Jack sounds a little bit boring to me... maybe I'll change my mind though.
I've started drawing in a much nicer A6 pad I  bought from Southampton a few  months ago. Got at least three  drawings so far and the paper quality does seem a lot better. Too bad its only 25 pages instead of 50 but maybe I'll keep using these for now.

My meeting is on thursday next week at 3pm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment