Sunday 25 September 2011

Some scribbles

I've almost finished the hohum drawings and trying to give a magazine cover a try but my meeting with walker books pushed me a little more into wanting to start some of my other projects- things which I've been meaning to do. I don't know how well this works as a story.

Page 1:
I am struggling to sleep due to the bright and noisy stars outside my window.  I manage to cover the bright star which shines outside my window with my duvet and something unexpected happens.
Pirate Cats are in my bathroom. So impressed with my thieving skills of swiping up one of the ‘shiny gems that glitter in the sky’ they immedietly recruit me into their gang and we sail out into the ocean, taking away the stars from the sky, the stars will make us rich. Quite why nobody had stolen them before was a mystery to me. 
The ship is now too heavy, we sink beneath the ocean. I am separated from the cat pirates and I am sucked into a whirlpool. I must travel for seemingly hours before I finally end in a fancy fountain. I discover that I have ended up in a place called ‘Glad Town’ Though I am refused entry by an enormous gorilla who guards the entrance. 

But to my luck, the stars followed me. Like a faithful dog and I was their master. Stars were greatly sought after in Glad Town and I spent one to gain entrance into the city, an elevator slowly taking me through lower and lower through the town a variety of different places. I couldn’t help but resist on spending a few more.


I was now a rich and highly successful. I could afford to spend a few stars on enjoying the high life. I went to go see the newest show in town at the grand Sly Theatre ‘One Hundred Kings’
After the show had finished, I met one of the cat pirates who had survived. He was now dressed in prisoner garments and was quick to blame me for the theft of the stars- he had led several officers here to arrest me. I tried to outrun them. 


Eventually the hour came for when I was called to appear before the great hall of Justice. I stood atop an atlas globe where I was judged a guilty verdict. Since I was only a seemingly innocent young boy, the jury decided they must turn me into a much more monsterous looking figure, I was given the look of a ‘classic villain’ with top hat and a large twisting moustache.


The jury no longer had any reason to sentence me to my fate- to be eaten by an enormous dragon. I landed inside its stomach where I discovered several knights had turned the dragons stomach into a Jacuzzi and led a relaxing life. Fortunately, my Moustache spead out from my face like wings and I was able to escape from the dragon, landing in a dense forest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment