Tuesday 29 November 2011

Dizzy and the Hungry Monster King

Things feel a little bit difficult lately but my christmas cards have been quite successful. (I've at least sold 200) and drawing at least a few times a day does seem to keep me going- I still have plenty of things I can work on at least like the Hohum drawings, my book project and I have a couple of other things to work on.

Not many people remember Dizzy but I mentioned it recently on my blog a while ago, I did start to recall again how I used to draw my own maps and monsters for my own Dizzy world.

I found Dizzy quite scary when I was younger- it was a very cute and cartoony world but also lethal- you could very easily die in some really frightening ways-my favourite being how you had to time your run across a certain section of the map before a hawk swoops down and instantly kills you. With that in mind, I just thought it might be fun to try imagining what a new Dizzy game would look like if I made it. (probably not my best drawing, but I had fun making it at least.)



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ryan, only just discovered your site.

    I'm a moderator for Yolkfolk.com, The Dizzy Fansite, runned by Andrew Joseph.

    Are you by any chance the same chap who made a mini-comic called "The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy" in the past?

    If so, we have the comic and some of your old Dizzy artwork treasured on our site.

    http://yolkfolk.com/site/page.php?id=18&page=3
    http://yolkfolk.com/site/page.php?id=17&page=2

    Hope to hear from you soon -- Adz.M

    ReplyDelete