Thursday 12 April 2012

Cambridge Interview

I applied for an MA in children's book illustration at Cambridge a few weeks ago and I attended the interview on Tuesday this week. I was interviewed by Martin Salisbury the head of the course and two graduates. I was actually told a little bit about Martin during my studies at Solent and I did borrow his book from my library a few times, its quite interesting actually...  (and its also become quite expensive on amazon lately, oh well.)

This is the book I read by Martin Salisbury. During our sequential narrative project at Solent, everyone seemed to borrow this book from the libary. 

The studio actually felt like my old Southampton studio. As for the actual interview itself, I'm really not sure how well it went...  Everyone was really nice at least and I think they seemed interested in some of the drawings I had brought along. Unfortunately, I'm a bit worried that I didn't really ask too many questions and I have a horrible habit of not being able to explain myself properly when the answer is clearly in my head... but its just a problem i've just had to live with. When Martin mentioned about the Bologna book fair and the close ties with Walker books, I started getting really excited about the course and kinda wished I would be one of the lucky people to be selected... but for now, I'll try not to think about it too much. I am grateful I was at least called for an interview and got to see Cambridge, its a place I've never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment